carpel tunnel post op 7 weeks and still in pain!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Dear Friends

I had carpel tunnel surgery 7 weeks ago and I feel that my wrist and arm

are worse now than before the surgery.

First 2 days I cried almost nonstop with the pain.

I am suppose to get the other wrist done and now I don't want to get it

done. I also have broken sleep as I wake up alot.

I have had 5 other surgeries years ago but this was unbearable.

My wrist is painful all the time and I can't lift the kettle yet among other

tasks. I have also done exercises.

I have however tried advice from other people like desensitising the scar

by rubbing the hand textured fabrics etc and massaging. This has helped alittle but the pain is still intense.

My wrist feels burning, sharp pains and muscle weakness in hand and arm

Has any one had these problems and does it get better with time.

God bless

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Angie, my left surgery was 2 weeks before Halloween, right two weeks later. I have everything you have. I feel your pain. Some one tell me it gets better. please

• Posted

Hi, I had open surgery 6 half weeks ago.

Up until a week ago I was still getting pins and needles the same as before the surgery.

However that seems to have settled. Since surgery my thumb is stiff to move and I get shooting pains in my wrist

.The palm of my hand is tight and sensitive to touch. The pain is also waking me up in the night. I can only describe

It as it feels like someone is bending my hand backwords.

I am hoping this will all ease of in time.

Hopefully you will also get some relief to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.