Cartia XT

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take two doses of metoprolol 25mg a day and then Cartia XT 120mg a day. Just recently I noticed I started to get a rash on my hands and a little on my stomach after I started taking the Cartia. My doctor had me stop the dose. Has this ever happened to anyone? Please help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

maribel86463..it seems as though you've had a reaction to the CArtia XT. You advised the doctor..he/she told you to stop the medication. Where in lies the problem? Side effects are common in medicine. Some people don't have reactions, while some do. Have you been asked by your doctor to attend the office? Why not ask him/her about a further appt. to replace the Cartia XT with a different medication?

• Posted

No they didn't ask me to come in, just to stop taking the Cartia XT. They just had me take 50mg of metoprolol twice a day instead.

• Posted

Thats listed as a possible side effect. If the doc told you to stop taking it there's no reasonto worry. Lots of these "olol" medicines can have side effects, itys usually just a matter of finding one that sits you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.