CARTIV AND FOOTWARE

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can anyone else recommend anything that worked for them to wear as shoes after Cartiva other than Crocs or go-walks by sketchers (although, I am not sure what kind to buy because when I google the go walks there are so many styles that come up)  Can anyone let me know what has worked for them.  I am at 3 weeks now, want to get out of this surgical shoe and try to walk normal.  

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Gemma have you joined the Facebook group. It's very informative and it is a very active group.  Plus you can see pictures which you can not do on here, 

• Posted

Nancy  thank you, and I did not even know there was anything on FB. I just requested to join.   It now is 4-1/2 weeks and my incision looks great, it just still hurts when I walk.  I am assuming it takes 10-12 weeks before the pain will subside.   That is what I thought the doctor said.  It is frustrating not being able to walk around too far. 
    • Posted

I am almost twelve weeks, most days minimal pain, not bad at all.
    • Posted

At 4-1/2 weeks did it still hurt to put total pressure on when walking?  You have been so helpful.  Thank you
    • Posted

It did hurt for a long time. I exercised my toe a lot to get it moving, I worked thru the pain pushing it back and forth. Eventually it hurt less when I walked, but I had to work through the scar tissue. It still hurts sometimes a lot. I can't say I am totally pain free, but I can walk. I don't have to limp anymore. Now it is just a dull ache all the time in that joint. And it doesn't hurt when I exercise the toe back and forth, but I can walk. I walk three miles a day with some jogging and I am ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.