Cartiva Implants pain & swelling

Posted , 6 users are following.

How long is it before the pain and swelling disappear following Cartiva implants?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would like to hear replies to this also. I bet if is six months tho.  I am 9 days post op. No pain or swelling yet but my foot is still all wrapped up. 
  • Posted

I had it in one foot 17 weeks ago and there is still pain when I walk but not in the joint as before, just around the soft tissue - but it needs to learn to move again and believe that it will go away in time.

I didn't have much swelling at all. At just over 2 weeks when the cast came off it didn't look that bad, but I was really really good about keeping it up and elevated 22-23 hrs a day for the first 2 weeks and after quite a lot too...even at night.

I don't have any pain in the joint anymore.

How far along are you? What did your doctor say?

• Posted

I am still having pain 10 weeks out and the surgeon tells me to give it time. Meanwhile I am sleeping with ice on foot ant taking ibuprofen which are probably ruining my kidneys
  • Posted

I am 4 days post op and have no pain when sitting, some when walking, and some minor swelling. 

But to answer this question in the absence of the premise is not really fair to the question, there are so many variables.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.