Cast is feeling weird all of a sudden

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been in a cast for about 4  weeks and all of a sudden the cast and my leg are feeling tight almost as though my leg  was asleep. . I am  not sure why  this is happening. Up until now  the cast  felt very comfortable. My baby toe  in particular seems affected. I am going to see my doc  on Wednesday,  but want to know  if this is normal or something to worry about.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey I've been in a cast for a week now get the same wierd sensations but doctor said it was normal. I'm going back to see my doc tomorrow will I have a cast change still in the swlling cast.

• Posted

Thanks Jasmine  

Did he say what causes it? It's just weird to suddenly have this discomfort after 4 weeks...

• Posted

Something to do with all the blood rushing to help mend what's happened like to mend Ure bones so it just makes it uncomfortable should feel Bette in a few days. Try taking some anti inflammatorys like ibuprofen.

• Posted

If it's worrying you I would still talk to your doctor about it

• Posted

Hi Zelda, yes, I would worry about it. I'd say that if that is going to happen it should be around week one, not four weeks later. I would not wait until Wednesday!

• Posted

Thanks Lisa

It has just happened yesterday and today. Lasts about 20 minutes. It's fine now...back to normal. I will call the doc if it happens again or doesn't go away. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.