Cast off tomorrow!

Posted , 5 users are following.

6 weeks has been way to long! I get my cast off tomorrow morning and a boot and I am sooooo excited! Also slightly scared it's been ages since I've walked! Lol!

How is everyone? X

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You will be fine. Foot will have a lot of dead skin on it. Just get a little bit off at a time. Follow physios instructions and you'll make progress quickly. Most people get back to as close to normal as they can quite quickly. Even with my complications I can walk. Dont be too hard on yourself.

• Posted

Glad to read that!

All will be fine, don't let the end of day swelling scare but do start out slow.

• Posted

Good for you, Mandy! I am still NWB and going in for xrays on Tuesday.Hoping I can get out of this cast soon. Trimalleolar fracture 8/14, antibiotics and surgery on 8/25.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.