Cast with stitches and pain! A few questions .

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So on my 2 week post op visit they took the splint off and left the stitches in and then casted it to my knee. (my ankle) The PA told me I could start putting partial weight on it with the cast and I have been doing that with the cane. Problem is after trying to walk during the day its beyond killing me with pain late afternoon and evening. I do take the Tylenol 500 mg. now.  Not working anymore! Has anyone else had their stitches still in with a cast and did it hurt like heck and what did you do to relieve it? I get stitches out Monday morning and another cast on for 4 more weeks, then a brace and a boot. I'm so ready for this to be done!! The pain is awful this week!  And I am elevating it all the time if I'm sitting. Did anyone have more pain after you thought you were making progress?? 

Thanks,

Rose

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don’t know to much but had the same feeling when I was in 2 week staples were bothering  me and hurting took pain medication that I was prescribe 1 wasn’t working so I was taking 2 bring the pain down maybe you  should take 2 tylonel 500mg see if that works hope it does I’m on 4 weeks now get minor pain but start feel alright hope you do too 
  • Posted

I’m also 4weeks and still not told to put Weight on foot idont think you Should seen u 2 weeks
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I am going to take two of the Tylenol . I hope it works. Right now, I"m in pain and just trying not to think about it!  I am doing partial weight bearing  per the my doc's assistant, so I think it should be Ok. I had 2  ligaments repaired and some extensive damage repaired. 

Here's hoping it gets better!

Thanks !

Rose

• Posted

I was told not to walk on it at all had crutches and a wheel chair if I went out ,then had a air boot ,had my stitches out when cast came off which I had on for 6 weeks I had bad pains and some night cried but once I got the cast off and air boot felt alittle better , i had my 2 operation and then was given a shoe had stitches out again and then put flip flops on but still had crutches. 6 months on I still get pains and it still swells up I take pain killers and just raise my leg up not much more I can do I go physio now it's been a long 6 months 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.