Castrate resistant prostate cancer spread to bone

Posted , 3 users are following.

-Started Bicalutamide (casodex) and lucrin injection in June 2016

-Bone scan(Aug 2016): extensive bone metastasis 

- Metastatic castrate resistant since April 17 (based on PSA level)

- June 17: Bone scan showed further bone metastasis. CT scan is clear thus doctor doesn't suggest chemo yet

- what is the best drugs suitable for my case to slow down the bone metastasis? Thank you very much.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can't give input at this time but I am interested in following discussion,  I had a RARP 3 months ago and everything went very well.  Biopsy indicated margins were clear, 30% of gland had cancer, gland was intact.  Gleason was a 4/3.  Pre tests also indicated no cancer anywhere else.  Well, first PSA is at .15.  Surgeon was quite suprised that anything but zero or negligable as a suprise.  At this stage it's a wait for 2 months and retest.  Obviously I am concerned and I know if this turns for the worse follow up treatments will be necessary.

A good blog is available from National Cancer Institute (NCI) under "Ask Andrew", check it out

• Posted

Join the club. I too had RARP and then the PSA climbed and is climbing. On your surgery pathology report was there mention of perineural invasion (PNI)? Was there lymphovascular invasion?

Your urologist is doing what mine did. When I retested and the PSA rose I had a PSMA PET CT to determine the extent of the PCa.

The fact that you had RARP as the first line of treatment is good, because all options are now available if needed.

• Posted

How long were you on the hormone therapy?
    • Posted

Since June 2016 I was on hormone therapy.

PSA trend

• June 16: 226

• Nov 16: 13

• Feb 17: 70

• April 17: 542 (testosterone 1.4)

• Posted

Rather than look at more standard therapy options, have you or your medical  oncologist considered joining clinical trials?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.