Casts

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone....what a great forum here. Anyway I am on my 12th day since the operation I had Bilateral 1st Metatarsal+Osteotomy+internal on both feet. Nothing complicated just they open you up and put a screw in each foot. After surgery I coped really well until the anaesthetic wore off and I should of used Endone but refused and was in agony in the early hrs of the morning.  Took it and life was so much easier. No pain killers at all after three days. I learnt to keep my feet up and only got up to go to the loo....nothing else. I had my op on Fri and hubby went to work on the Tues. On the 10 day, I was going back to my surgeon to get the stitches out and to see how mangled my foot was. I was scared! But went I looked at my feet, it was not too bad. No swelling and hardly no bruising. Stitches out and slipper casts are on. See how I go now.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your doing so well. A great success story.

thankx for sharing

CHEERS 

HOPE biggrin

• Posted

Also how is everyone going that has casts on? Does it feel weird? My right foot kinda 'cracks' abit when walking but no pain. Is it because my toes are 'set' in place and taking awhile to get used to the plaster? Just seeing what others have of their experience...thanks smile
    • Posted

Yes I agree at first it is a pain.. After time u adjust. I remember after I got it off for several months when I could walk I could hear a click from each step.

it eventually went away.. TC 

• Posted

Oh that's a relief to hear....maybe it's normal then
  • Posted

Hi there! I am day 14 but can't get an appointment to have stitches out and plaster cast off until day18 - boo! I just hope all is good under all the bandages, I THINK, but don't know for sure, that they are going to re plaster at this stage. What are slipper casts?
    • Posted

It fits the foot tightly like a shoe and keeps the foot aligned to heal and keep UR weight off. 

Healing thoughts sent UR way.

CHEERS

HOPEbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Jinny.....I had just bandages on for ten days after op. Then the casts on Mon. Now I also noticed where the stitches were, I am getting itchy. Which is a good thing as I know I am healing. Slipper cast....goes around the big toe to align it and over the foot but not quiet up to the ankle. The person that did the casts said the cast stops the big toe going over to the other toes. Good luck and more you keep the feet up the better you will be smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.