Cat allergy - DRIVING ME NUTS FOR 3.5 YEARS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all

I need some help or advice here as this is driving me totally insane!

About 3.5 years ago I moved into a house where there was 3 cats, previous to this time I always got a little watery eyed and itchy nose if I was in contact or around a cat, so I moved in & all was ok till I developed a cough that lasted for months, I was sent for a chest xray which was clear, I then developed what I can only explain as a blocked sound coming from my throat, I decided to get a ventolin inhaler and viola......the blocked sound vanished BUT only till the next morning and its back again....

This has been going on since now and continues, I have been for another 2 chest xrays, bloods and referred to the respiratory clinic, it was diagnosed that I have an allergy to cats....

My question is, can you still have the symptoms even when you are not in the house ie at work, blocked feeling in throat and sound, heavy chest feeling, tickly throat which in turn causes cough......grrrrr....

If anyone can tell me YES they have the same I would be so relieved! I shall not get rid of my furry babies either (just cant)!

Please respond anyone......

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hai Kay, watery eyes,itching nose are also a cat allergic symptoms. I took had this problem. But i had these problem only if i come in contact with cats. If i am in office i don't have these types of difficulties. I think you will not have any problem if you are out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.