Cataract second surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

i had my cataract surgery on both eyes about two years ago, the natural lenses of my eyes where replaced with artificial ones, i would say both surgeries were a success, however i start having some kind of fog on my right eye, i went to see my doctor and it was suguested that i would need to have the cloudiness on the back side of the lens cleared by lazer surgery, so i went ahead and schedule a surgery in about two weeks, but i am still concerned if that will take care of the problem, any comments from someone who went to the same procedure?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please do a lot of research about this, I am not a doctor but I am having some issues and although I have heard that what you feel may call fpr that procedure, I have read that once you do that procedure any problem that may require lens exchange is much more difficult... Also there are risks as there is with any procedure so please be informed and make sure your surgeon is very experienced and takes the time and patience to discuss this with you... Good luck

• Posted

Hi Ruben! Google YAG and read all you can about the procedure. It's a fairly common fix for what you're experiencing. And Elizabeth makes some good points. New technology is changing everything these days (and it's all good!). Keep us posted!

• Posted

thank you for your comment, crossing fingers now

• Posted

Hi Ruben,

I had cataract operation on both eyes some 8 years ago and artificial lenses placed in both eyes as you did. After a period of time, several months, I was concerned that my eye sight was deteriorating somewhat and my optician, following an eye test, confirmed this and suggested that I needed to have a capsulotomy (lazer treatment) on both eyes. Apparently over time the capsule into which the new lenses are fitted will begin to cloud over. I had the lazer treatment which was completely painless and takes only a few minutes. Immediately following this procedure I had another eye test which confirmed

that the procedure was successful and that my vision was satisfactory. I can recommend the lazer treatment unreservedly.

Hopes this puts your mind at rest Ruben.

Kind regards,

Colin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.