Cataract surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I am male 47 year old , healthy with no history of diabetes or steroid consumption.

I was diagnosed with posterior cataract a few months ago by two different ophthalmologists and was offered to do a lens replacement surgery. My main clinical signs are Long-sightedness. Currently using +1.5 reading but ore than anything i have contrast issues at dim or bright light. I also see halos around illuminated objects mainly in the dark.

No other issues found by the doctor.

My question is with regards to the lens used during the surgery.

One of the consultants suggested a multifocal lens (Trifocal)

The other suggested Mono focal with the focus set to mid-long point in both eyes . She suggested that a few months following the cataract surgery i should have presbyond laser surgery to allow me reading without glasses. She has voted against multifocal as she was worry that there will more more risk of contrast issues and the potential halos around bright lights while driving.

I have asked about accommodating lens and both votes again it.

What is your opinion ?

I obviously would like to see as sharp as possible in all light condition to all distances without the need of glasses, contrast issues of halos.

Thanks

Kobi

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.