Cataract surgery pain

Posted , 12 users are following.

How much pain will I have during and after cataract surgery ?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I guess I'm the exception. I had pain during both of my eye surgeries, the second worse than the first. I think maybe I'm a little resistant to the anesthesia used. Either that or they didn't administer enough. They added more during the second surgery after I reacted and from then on all was good.

• Posted

No pain at all. The eye drops stung a little but that was it. I was amazed.

• Posted

There are a lot of drops, some are for numbing the eye. I have had both eyes done and experienced no pain at all. I was put into a twilight sleep but was awake enough to hear everything and able to converse with the surgeon. It just helps you to be relaxed and calm.

• Posted

I had surgery 10 days ago and have been suffering pain, stinging and general discomfort since the 3rd day. Nothing physically wrong with my eye that optician and surgeon can see. I am told this is NOT normal but that doesn't help me and so far no one has a suggestion to make to improve things. Vision appears to be deteriorated slightly from initial improvement.

Has anyone got any similar experience/ knowledge ? I am freaking out here

D

• Posted

could it be dry eye? cararact surgery can cause it and it can be painful. if so, try systane ultra preservative free drops or refresh plus 6 x a day. dry eye can cause blurred vision too. if not, i think i'd get a second opinion from another cataract surgeon.

• Posted

does it sting all the time? one of the drops i had to take stung but it never lasted. Couple of minutes and it stopped.

Have you gone back for follow up since surgery? Did they dilate your eyes? It is not normal to have constant stinging. I would call the dr office and have it looked at.

• Posted

I had my right eye done yesterday .i had minimal pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.