Cataract Surgery with Glaucoma and Pseudo Exfoliation Symdrome - Anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have glaucoma and pseudo-exfoliation syndrome and will be going in for cataract surgery within the next two months, Oct 16 for the right eye and Nov 13 for the left one. I don't have numbers for the pressure. I was told in the beginning of the year 2019 to take two different drops for the pressure while waiting for the surgery. I haven't been monitored since then. I also have a hole in the back of the eye in the membrane and seeing a retina doctor for that. That happened about 3 years and has remained stable.

Has any one gone through this experience and what were the results from the cataract surgery? I also apply drops for dry eye twice a day.

Thank you for any help or info.

Micheline

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have glaucoma (diagnosed about 5/6 years ago) and I had a cataract procedure in my left eye 6 weeks ago. The consultant had noticed slight bleeding behind the eye and thought it might be due to the pressures. I haven't had my follow up appointment yet. It should be within the next couple of weeks although our opthalmology department is so busy it may be longer.

I use two different eye drops twice a day too.

Jackie

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Jackie. Yes, there are not enough of them I imagine. I've waited so very long for the surgery dates. My cataracts have probably gotten thicker by now. It's awful because the procedure is more difficult with this exfoliation disease and even more difficult when they are thicker.

• Posted

Hi, I have had both eyes operated on for Glaucoma Psuedo Exfoliation and they were a success. When I had the op for my right eye they did the cataract op at the same time. Now I am free from putting in drops and my eyesight is very good. Good Luck. Regards J

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Jean. I didn't know they operate for Pseudo Exfoliation. I was only given drops to apply. Were the drops not working for you? It's very good to hear your eyes were a success. At least I know there's some hope for me then. Did you have a choice on the lens? I'm not given a choice. I have to accept the simple lens. As you probably know they different options for vision. But I guess I'll just be happy to be able to see clearly. Right now, I have blurry vision with my right eye with the exfoliation. Was that your experience also?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.