Cataract Surgery with Lens Replacement

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had cataract surgery with a lens replacement almost 4 weeks. The surgery went great and I see perfectly in the eye I had done. I am occasionally experiencing a feeling like I have a contact in my eye and involuntarily blink. This doesn't last long, but is bothersome when I am driving. Sunlight and air seem to cause it. I am taking Prednisolone Acetate Ophtolmic Suspension USP drops while my eye heals and hope thus is just a side effect. What do you think?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

not unusual to have a feeling of something in your eye while eye heals (takes 6 weeks). Could so be dry eye. Are you using any artificial tears like Systane or Refresh? At night or after reading more my eyes still have that dry feeling and these drops help.

• Posted

It doesn't last very long so I haven't used artificial tears. I've never had a problem with dry eyes and hoping this goes away after I stop the Prednislone drops. I am having my other eye done in December. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

Try Sue.An's advice and use the atificial tears. Odds are it'll just be temporary while your eye heals, but why be uncomfortable? For me, the first week or so felt like a small grain of sand was in my eye, but the doc said that it was just incision site. The feeling went away very quickly and the tears weren't needed, but it was nice to have them, just in case.

• Posted

I recently saw two cataract surgeons (see my post if you get a chance lol). Both told me that dry eye can be a side effect of cataract surgery, but that it clears up after time (or, of course, you can get it treated. Maybe what you're feeling is dry eye?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.