Cataracts surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had cataract surgery in one eye left. I have been experiencing stabbing needle pain and burning sensation,sparks light corner  of my eye and still have blurry vision is it normal 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Had cataract surgery on my left eye 4 days ago and have not experienced any side effects, The first couple of days the left eye has been very sensitive to light but after 3 days I no longer require dark glasses. The left eye has been slightly blurred but improving over the past 4 days. Not an authority but I would not consider 'burning sensation' and 'needle pains' normal and IMO should advise Dr. of the situation. I am interested in other member's comments.

• Posted

I'm not an authority, either.  The sparks of light you mention is also a sign of a retinal tear or detachment.  Don't want to alarm you, but a trip to your doctor is in order!

• Posted

Stabbing needle pain is Not normal and as mentioned before, lights could be a retinal issue. Call your doc ASAP. This is one of the first things they tell you. Even if it turns out to be something minor, we're still talking about your vision. Please let us know how you're doing.

• Posted

Eye pain and burning sensation is not normal, are you using the Rx steroid and NSAID and antibiotic eyeddrops daily as prescribed?

Vision can vary a lot for the first month or two, mine did some days blurry others not as much took over a month to start to stabilize. 

If vision is always blurry, the lens power may be off or you may have residual astigmatism after the operation, your eye doctor or an optometrist should at some point soon do an eye test to measure where your eye ended up to get an eyeglasses prescription to find that out. They should be able to tell if they can clear up the blurriness completely with glasses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.