Catastrophic thoughts :-(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today a coworker of mine had something happen where his finger was cut and he was bleeding badly. My manager got the band and wrapped his hand. She handed it to me so I could put the rest away. (The band was new but I saw a speck of blood on it )Immediately the thought I got was omg you just touched the band which was used to wrap his hand which could have specs of blood. Now I’m worried what if he has something and it went into one of the cuticle openings or a cut you had on your finger. Immediately I go to HIV. And now I’m worried 😭  has anyone else gone to the worst case scenario... I’m hating having these thoughts

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yep I have and I don't think it's unusual, my thing is if I leave a drink unsupervised someone will have dropped something in it, so I actually don't drink the drink, as you guessed I take it everywhere with me, whats bad about keeping yourself safe, as for you catching or getting HIV from a drop of blood on some bandage I would imagine not, it has to be pretty close contact and your skin is heavy duty water proof so please don't worry.

• Posted

Yeah and I have read it’s not technically even possible but as you know my mind makes me think otherwise. sad oh yes I have the same thing about a drink also. I can’t leave a glass anywhere or I won’t drink it. Same with open water bottles. 
    • Posted

And me that's a big no no, wouldn't even share a water bottle and no it isn't possible, you can't even get it from touching semen with your hands either and that has the highest concentration, even oral sex is supposed to be safe, the problem with HIV and AIDS is they knew nothing at first so it was all scare mongering to supposedly stop it becoming an epidemic, hepatitis is more contagious and the measles

• Posted

Omg yes ive made myself sick with worry with stuff like that i once had a nail or something like that come thru my shoe i pulled it out flung it away it was defo a nail but NO i convinced myself it was a needle n i had hiv made myself ill sick with worry till about a week or 2 later id make myself ill again with another crazy thing to worry about it was just constant driving myself mad had too go too doctor n get help i badly needed xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.