catatonic depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had memory problems for a few years, and recently word finding difficulties it is probably a brain condition of some sort. Recently i have had a lot of difficulty trying to find words or moving, recently i sat somewhere for 30 minutes trying to find words i understood what i meant but i couldn't think of how to say it in words, at the same time i wasn't moving the entire time.It is getting very hard to muster effort into moving or thinking, and it makes me depressed too when i realize i cant find the right words.I get very depressed sometimes i stare without moving for long periods, and sometimes sleep all day. I read online that benzodiazepines can treat this i am worried it will make it just worse, another big issue is that i don't want my doctors to misdiagnose me again, they have done many bad things before, if i tell them about this it could have serious complications later on. What can i do i have a prescription for ativan i read this is the best treatment for it, if it doesnt work i wont go to the doctor there is nothing else to do, i refuse electro convulsive therapy.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jonathan

Would you mind if I asked how old you were? Do you have family around you? 

• Posted

Hi Sherri

sorry i forgot about this post, right now i am 19 I have had memory problems since I was 16, yes i have family

but to be frank they always make things worse, yes i am still having times where i stop moving for about 30 minutes at a time, it gets hard to think and sometimes i lose speech.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.