Catching up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the silence and thanks to those of you who have pm'd me to see if I'm okay, it really makes a difference.

Well, I don't know where to start and I've well and truly lost track of time! I moved up here... then had to go back to the old house - where I promptly got snowed in for three days! - and am now back in the new home again and iced in instead. The multitude of boxes just seems never-ending. I have finally managed to get the bike and power tek machine in place and plugged in - haven't had the energy to actually use them yet tho!

I haven't been out anywhere in this cold but have enjoyed the views, lol.

Despite all the mess, the chaos and the umpteen times I've thought, 'I really can't do this', I have a feeling of contentment when I sit down and excitement when I wake up each day.

I haven't got a landline yet, or broadband, am using the dongle in my mobile phone to access the internet - which is not cheap - so I'm having to ration my time online ... not that I've got the energy after all the unpacking anyway lol.

Throughout all of this, my dog has been desperately unhappy which was totally unexpected as she absolutely loves her holidays up here. However, she ate dinner yesterday for the first time in days and has played with her toys today so I guess she's finally starting to settle.

Van, please learn from my mistake - get rid of all you can before the move!!! It has been an absolute nightmare with too much stuff for too small a space. I've had to leave things out in the garden, give stuff away, skip it... such a shame and it grieves me to have to just dump stuff like that.

Anyway if you've managed to read this far, thank you and bye for now,

xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stitch

Glad to hear you are ok after the move. It's not easy downsizing or moving for that matter with COPD. So sorry to hear about stitch being a little unsettled after the move, I guess its been too cold for little doggie to go out and mark his territory and all the unfamiliar smells in the new environment etc will take a bit of time to get used to. The important thing is you are both together.

Thanks for keeping us all posted, and do take care and rest well after your stressful period of moving. It will take you a while to recover no doubt so take it easy and enjoy your new home.

Good wishes

V

• Posted

[quote=\"Stitch\"]Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the silence and thanks to those of you who have pm'd me to see if I'm okay, it really makes a difference. [quote]

Hi Stitch, lovely to hear from you again. Have sent another pm. Hope you are sorted soon and that the two Stitches (:diva: + :dogsmile can settle in well and be happy.

Jacee

xx

• Posted

Hi Stitch,

Glad to hear that all is well with you or at least getting that way.

Hope that your dog is beginning to feel more at home.

Have PMd you.

Take care,

Ann x

• Posted

'Morning Stitch'

Glad to hear all is well with you, though I appreciate you must be exhausted. Are you finally 'there' now - ie is all the cross country to and 'fro stuff over and done with? I can't imagine anything more stressful, even without the Arctic weather conditions that seem to have been timed to coincide so precisely with your move date!!

I hear you when it comes to the shedding of 'excess baggage' prior to moving. I've already got rid of some excess items, such as spare fridge, pouffe, coffee table , chest drawers etc. The plan is to move with bare minimum - not even taking my double bed as I shall use sofa bed first few days and 'down size' to new single bed - easier to make , strip and launder. We will literally move with just 'kitchenalia', Issy's bed. sofa. TV, Computer, books, books, and more books, and personal clothing stuff.

My 'master plan' is to move in with bare essentials, sit at computer and order sofa, rugs, bed, cooker, etc. It may sound crazy, but I have it planned to the smallest detail. All large items are already chosen, just holding off ordering them until I move. I can't wait!

I had always planned on moving once Issy was 'all grown up', so have held off buying new items and 'made do' over past few years. I have saved all my DLA payments as I don't have a car, and will use it to pay for' COPD friendly' home - eg. robot vacuum cleaner (Roomba), no touch sensor bins in kitchen and bathroom etc. so as to make life easier and independent for as long as possible ..... and to have a home thats fun too - going for the new 'retro' 50's / 60's vibe with a lot more colour to uplift spirits. I've had years of neutrals, but I don't want a neutral life any more:roll:

My 'five year plan' then, is to do this move, create my COPD friendly home, keep myself in best possible shape and periodically travel UK by train, visiting faces and places I long to see! Well ...... that's the plan anyway!

I just wish the move itself would hurry up - I get a fresh 'crop' of around a dozen homes i'm 'eligible' for each Saturday on the council web site, and some offers are fantasic - like a cliff top 2 bed bungalow overlooking bay with clear views of St. Michaels mount (island), but I have to resist temptation as that will leave me as stranded as I am here. What I need is for one to come up in 'Liskeard', a small town inland with hospital, supermarket, bus and mainline railway, leisure centre and all life's everyday practicalities catered for.

Oh well, I'd better finish now and get on with todays 'practicalities'. Can't believe we have an above freezing temp again - 4'. Quaint Cornish villages can have a downside - Polperro had a preservation order stamped on it back in the 60's - cottages must be kept 'authentic'. Looks pretty for visitors - but there's no modern windows - no double glazing - and in my place no central heating either - I have been freezing my *** off, able to see my breath in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom - and folks wonder why I want to move from such a 'lovely' place!! :wink:

Take care then Stitch, looking forward to hearing more about your new life on the Cumbrian coast when you have your phone line / computer up and running. Don't overlook the important stuff amidst the 'new move' chaos- i.e. quickly locate local surgery and get registered and familiar with new GP - also check you have plenty meds and are not running low on anything.

Most of all, regardless of short term chaos, remember you are in the place that you want to be and life is 'on the up' now! :rainbow:

Salutations! Vanessa XXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.