Catheter Post Rezum

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I am going for Rezum in August. Prostate size is 43 gms, median lobe is the issue. I have a catheter for the last one month, cant pee without it. Discussed with 2 doctors and both mentioned that Rezum will work for my case but i have to have the catheter for 3 to 4 weeks post procedure.

1. Has anyone been in the same boat, and how was your experience?
  2. I am wondering if the catheter stays in for 4 weeks post the procedure then how will the dead tissue of prostate will come out.

Thanks for your time.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Rashid,

I think the dead tissue gets absorbed by the blood steam. However some gets washed up into the bladder, and some would get washed out into the urethra. You might do better by switching from a foley to intermittent catheters after a couple weeks. They would probably allow more to wash out through the urethra.

Thomas

• Posted

Mine was 80 gms. After my Rezum I had the catheter in for 10 painful days, and that was unusually long period, normally 1 week, I was told. Not 4 weeks. Maybe your docs have a good reason for saying that though. Dead tissue and a little blood coming out almost every time, and still everything is super-sensitive, which I trust is normal.

• Posted

Andy

how many steam shots u got.

did u had a median lobe

and how bad were ur symptoms prior to procedure

i wish u very well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.