Cauda Equina - Compacted Blood Vessels

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had CES symptoms on and off for a good few years.  Ankle, Leg, repeat UTIs and testicle infections. Has anyone any experience of CES caused by compacted blood vessels?

I have had 4/5 normal MRIs which did not show any problem. I have been looking at previous EMG results and found sometimes impingement shows at L3, S1, S2, S3 and it appears and disappears. 

I have just been told this pattern is typical of CES caused by compacted blood vessels. All the lumbar and sacral spine nerves run down the outside of the spine and if they are impinged at the bottom, every single nerve from above that point can be impinged. I have also been told compacted blood vesseles would not show on a normal MRI.

What concerns me is why I was not offered an MRI with dye much earlier?   I think this failure to diagnose the problem early may well led to permanent damage to my foot, bladder and testicles.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.