CAUDA EQUINA SYNDROME ASSOCIATION

Posted , 6 users are following.

just to let everyone know I am a CES sufferer and have set up this organisation to support sufferers and their families. We are striving to increase awareness to enable earlier diagnosis and treatment thus preventing permanent neurological injury. please feel free to contact me.

Emis moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not post these. If anyone wishes to contact Claire please use the private message facility.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi , my name is Rose and i suffer from Cauda Equina Syndrome , could you read my blog/story and questions please , if you have any information regarding my blog/story I would be greatfull , many thanks

If need be I can directly tell you what I have posted , let me know please

Thank you , Rose

• Posted

They are thinking I have CES. Everything I read about it states that it is urgent. But all the waiting time to get all the testing done is sure not urgent. How long do you have before it becomes permanent? Please let me know if there is any thing I can do to hurry this along. Thank you. .CHusmann

• Posted

This is a question for your doctor, like, immediately!

I went from CESI to CESR under the surgeons nose. CESI can be tricky because each case is slightly different. But now I have urinary retention and hydronephrosis in my right kidney. Don't let them wait. Be a squeaky wheel and get answers to your questions ASAP.

• Posted

If you have ces from a herniated disc that is compressing the cauda equina nerves then it should be decompressed within 48 hrs but ideally it is better done earlier with first 24. If they suspect it you should of had am emergency mri scan to try and establish diagnosis and the straight in for op. I hope you have been treated by now - I am sorry for my late reply I have been away - best of luck
  • Posted

I already had an MRI, have bulging dics and severe degenerative disc disease and other issues, but Dr. said nothing that is pinching spinal cord, It is open all the way down. He said what ever it is would be below what the MRI showed, and to go get CT scan and test at urologist. Waiting for appt. for all this is not very fast at all, worried that I will have permanent damage. Charleyne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.