Caught the flu Wednesday morning, 3rd day of diarrhea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I caught what I think is the flu Wednesday at 7am (it woke me up) I had to quickly get to the bathroom to use the toilet, diarrhea of course. I was shivering, getting hot flashes, and was nauseous. As soon as I was done pooping I flushed and my mouth started watering and immediately I had to vomit.

At first I thought it was food poisoning but I don't think it's that because I ate the same things my boyfriend and best friend ate that day and they didn't get sick at all.

That night I was having a hard time sleeping, I was shivering underneath two blankets and feeling nauseous. My boyfriend made me some nighttime Alka Seltzer to try to help me sleep. A few minutes later I puked it up.

I couldn't eat but I was drinking a lot of water. My stomach is always grumbling. It's now Friday and I'm on my 3rd day of diarrhea which is greenish. I still lack an appetite but I've been trying to eat a little bit here and there. Still trying to drink plenty of water. I don't have the shivers anymore but yesterday I was having a wild headache, unlike I've ever had before. Anytime I leaned forward to pick something up, the back of my head hurt tremendously. Ibuprofen didn't help very much either. This morning my head doesn't hurt but I still don't have an appetite. What should I do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Greenish poop can suggest smething to do with not properly being digested. 

This can be due to something, either medication or .... that did not go well with your digestive system. 

Appetite will come slowly. 

IF your still having diarrhea take some rehydration solution available in pharmacy. 

• Posted

Thanks! On day 4 I began getting my appetite back and my diarrhea stopped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.