Causes for the inflamation

Posted , 7 users are following.

My first diverticulitis bout was in 2015. I had numerous flare ups since then. I really needed to find out what was causing them. I had a blood test done to determine what food sensitivities i had. These are foods that caused inflammation. The test showed numerous ones that i was consuming daily! Almonds! I used almond milk daily! Pepper! Both brewers and bakers yeast, carrots, these are just a few. I have not had a flare up since! I just wanted to let you all know that it could be something that you would never think of that is causing your inflamation. I highly recommend finding out what your food sensitivities are.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for your post. I was surprised to see carrots on the list of foods that cause inflammation. I hope your progress continues.

• Posted

Cindy, was that the list of foods that you have like an allergic reaction too or they just flat out cause inflammation? With all your flares did you take antibiotics every time?

• Posted

Thats just a list of foods I am sensitive to. From what I understand that can and will change. No I did not take antibiotics every time. When I started to feel it come on i switched to liquid diet, used heat and worked through it.

• Posted

In all probability it is NOT what you eat ,,,it is what you do with it whilst it is in your mouth .CHEW UNTIL IT IS MUSH ,,, You may have have .or should have ,read that types of food make no difference..

BOWEL movement ,on the other hand ,is mega important ,. It's food ,any food ,that gets trapped in the pouches ,and ferments,, that causes the flares. Just keep the conveyor belt moving ,and not allow anything , to linger.

Don't suppose you will take one bit of notice of this , but there you are ,you ask ,,I give ,,

Just give your Colon a thought ,when you are swallowing LUMPS of food, It will not be happy.,and

react the way it does ,Loudly ,,,and with pain ,,

• Posted

Or it could be a combination of what you eat, and how. And it's probably different for everyone.

• Posted

Yes you are soooooo right . ,rather like all the billions of people on this planet ,,and we all look different. Seriously funny ,,if we all looked alike..

• Posted

I don't mean to imply that that is what caused my diverticulitis. I believe it is a combination of things. The not chewing your food well enough being one of them. I had a bone infection in my lower jaw bone 38 years ago. I have not had lower teeth since. So i know i do not chew my food well enough. For me i believe it is what i eat, how i eat it and STRESS.

• Posted

Hi.. don't you want any teeth ? or is it not possible now , ?

The Stress club ,is no longer open ..... fully booked !!!!

• Posted

I dont have any upper teeth had surgery like 2012/2013 my husband passed in 2015 anyways I dont have any insurance and the dentist people want like 3000$ to 4000$ so no teeth still 😦 I do have 6 left at the bottom. So I try to cook food supper soft and mash what I can and chew the best I can. I hope one day maybe this summer I can get some cheaper teeth or do molds from mail in from internet. I have never remarried, mainly ashamed of my smile and self. I hate been alone but no choice who would want me lol . Internet meeting people is just too scary so stuck alone. BUT I do agree with the lady about we do need to chew the food as well as we can. I am SICK of the blasted antibiotics / pain/infection/suffering! I wish I had someone that cared enough about me to be of support you know someone to share your thoughts, life and fears with someone top help encourage you be there for you and with you. I have become homebound for years I MEAN years now 😦 Panic and anxiety has taken over and controls my life I'm just now trying to fight this but not doing good but I have made small steps toward it.

• Posted

Would I ask my doctor for that test? Is there a specific name for it? great information! Glad you are feeling better!

• Posted

I am in the USA and the Wellness Way center is where i had it done. It is a food sensitivity blood panel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.