Causes of irritated shoulder capsules?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I saw my GP in July, when it was very hot here, as I'd had pain in both shoulders for a few months. She examined me and said the capsules of both shoulders were irritated, probably because of the hot weather and it would improve once we got back to a normal British summer.

Three months later they are still painful, the left more than the right and I have trouble lying on my sides at night. As I have pain from osteoarthritis, hip bursitis and secondary fibromyalgia, the extra pain is getting me down a bit. Has anybody any ideas what could cause capsule irritation? I'm thinking of going back to the GP, but would like to have some questions I could ask her to get this sorted. Any thoughts appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You should go back and ask to be referred for MRI . I've had shoulder problems for four years, I've had xrays, MRI and and ultrasound. Mine is Cystic lesions, rotator cuff tear and severe osteoarthritis. I'm meant to have surgery but it hasn't happened yet.

You really need to get back to your doctor.

Good luck, hope you get some answers.

• Posted

You need a referral Initual I only had Xray I requested a scan which one GP was reluctant saying that under 60 they do a scan and over 60 just an Xray I was pretty positive I had a rotator cuff tear so insisted on a scan I did have a RCT Had surgery April 2017 Had further surgery 2018 June

been at clinic 16 weeks post surgery

Still got pain To have repeat scan Cant have MRI

go back asap

• Posted

Thank you Jane and Susan for your much appreciated replies. I'll follow your advice and go back to my GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.