Causes of LPR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have not posted for some time so first off Happy New Year to everyone.

How did you all cope with Christmas food and drink.  I have not had LPR diagnosed as yet but pretty sure that is what I have.  Was battling a bad cold before Christmas and urinary infection so having to deal with that the side effects of the antibiotics upsetting IBS.  On the mend now back to LPR I did not eat anything like the type or quantity of food I usually do at Christmas but did have a small amount of chocolate a couple of glasses of wine and other foods.  The Mucus in the throat is no where near as bad as it was 4 months ago but has increased a bit obviously due to Christmas food etc.  As had been said before there does not seem to be a cure for this wretched condition apart from low acid diet and ppi's.  I recently came off omeprazole because of side effects and find low acid diet difficult to keep to.  My question is if as is said it is because of the modern western diet with preservatives etc why does it only affect some and why do doctors thimk it is all plain reflux.  Surely there must be some other factor at work.  I would like to suggest anxiety and all that goes with it.  Any one have any ideas on this.  Lets face it if it is the modern diet then things can only get worse.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have LPR and life is terrible with it.  I've always eaten healthy and execise, I don't think LPR is anything to do with diet.  I think something in the environment is causing LPR, personally i think my upper airway got irritated by some thing in the environment that led to LPR.  PPI'S don't work for me, they made me burn more.  I wish there was a better treatment for LPR sufferers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.