Causes of Tonsils Stones

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I'm above 18 years and faced the problem of tonsisls stones last year. I was very wondering about the causes of tonsils stones as I was very curious to know the causes anybody here can tell me the causes of tonsils stones.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had tonsil stones and I used so many ways to flush them out, they are quite disgusting.

i eventually got my tonsils removed because of them and it was causing me to have horrid bad breath all the time.

they are caused by having holes in your tonsils so then food debris, dead skin and mucus get stuck in there and calcify and make smelly stones.

if you want to flush them out the best method I found was to get a plastic syringe with no needle draw up some warm salt water, stick the nozzle in one of the holes and blast the water through the hole. You will be amazed how much comes out.

also you can get a stick or something, I used the end of my eyeshadow brush to press against different areas of the tonsil and it will push some out. The q tip method never worked for me.

i then was able to get it, squashed it and sniffed it and this stink could wake up a dead corpse.

the only way to get rid of them forever is to get your tonsils removed.

• Posted

I was also suffering but avoiding dairy helped me with the problems. Occasionally I'll have dairy products and keeping that area clear will help solve it. Before going for any surgery, give this a try. Use a flash light in front of a mirror and with the help of fore finger, try to examine your tonsil for stones. Obviously you'll find those disgusting particles lodged inside. As you try to remove them you'll get gag reflex. Ignore that and clean the area. After doing so, gargle with salt and warm water. Then cut off all dairy products and continue gargling after each meal and examine your tonsils then and there. I hope soon those stones will stop forming. 

• Posted

ive had tonsils stones since december last year, they have so far casued me to have bad breath, pain, colds every few weeks and im not on the waiting list to have them removed as im now getting sick every few weeks and it sinterupting my uni life as im studying to be a nurse, and need to be well. nothing has helped me so far contian them, only pushing them out! even then they never all remove themselves
  • Posted

Since age 13 years, I've constantly had Tonsil 'stones', except my 3-times-normal-size tonsils shrank every time I went on a 5-day fast (I used to do elimination diet).

I need to add foods which, unfortunately, are 'gritty' - example: chewed Pumpkin Seeds, nuts + chick peas - to my daily diet. These have instantly given me very sore tonsils + throat, and a productive cough + itchy ears.

Avoiding dairy foods seems widely adocated to minimalise filling those pesky tonsil pits. Anyone know if that includes yogurt - plain, unsweetened - example in UK: Onken, Yeo Valley, Rachel's?

I would greatly miss the helpful bacteria in such Yogurt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.