Causing an SVT episode... on purpose?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know that sounds crazy, but I've got an event monitor, finally, after YEARS of dealing with this, and my heart's being on its very best behavior! I can't afford multiple rounds, so I need to figure out what triggers mine and hopefully, finally get some concrete answers!

What would you do?? I LOATHE the thought of having another episode, especially since the last one was so scary, but I also need answers. This sucks! Why is my heart NOW deciding to be good!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It happened to me too but I could never find the trigger.  After many short term event monitors proved pointless I was eventually given one to keep long term and use when I was having an episode.  Thankfully I was then able to catch it and be properly diagnosed with SVT. 
    • Posted

I have this one for a month, but I'm so worried about it not catching anything. I still get the hard 'thuds' or skipped beats, but Idk if it's getting all that, so I'm just, for once, hoping for an episode to pop up!

• Posted

I have my own event monitor, by Alivcor/Kardia...I downloaded their app on my phone, it can be used anytime. Look it up on line!
  • Posted

I and others have noticed bending at the waist and squatting to pick something up as triggers, JenniLynn. Prior to my second, and apparently successful, ablation I would have brief "runs"  immediately after climbing into bed and turning onto a side.  Before my 1st ablation, my right side was the trigger. Afterward, it was my left.  Since my second ablation, I only rarely experience any "runs" regardless of body position in bed.  Low blood sugar is another possible trigger.  I hope you can soon give your health care practitioners the information they need.  I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.