Cavus foot . So scared of als :( please reply

Posted , 4 users are following.

Someone please help me . I have been whinging on here that I twitch very frequently and that I felt a month or so back

That I was slurring my words . The slurring has stopped I think . The twitching is still strong but u keep telling myself it’s just anxiety . My feet have been causing me pain lately so I done the right thing and seen a podiatrist . The podiatrist proceeded to tell me I have what’s called Cavus feet . Very Hugh arches . Spoke to me about shoes and gave me some insoles . I paid and went on my way . After researching I find that Cavus foot is frequently related to neurological or muscular disorders and normally progresses . I am so scared this is all connected . What do I do ? Where do I start sad 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Make an appointment with your doctore - they can do tests to determine if you have onset ALS

• Posted

I’ve brought this up prior due to all over body twitching and told no signs of weakness or further investigation sad I feel I am going round in circles . I don’t know how long I can keep worrying 
  • Posted

Hi, you really need to speak to your doctor, and maybe ask to speak to a consuktant in Orthopedics as well.  I do not know what pain-killers you are on, but I do know they all have side effects, which may or may not be part of your problem.  You may also need to speak to a neurologist as well to rule out any other underlying conditions; but please be honest with the medics as many drugs can have nasty side effects (one type of popular painkillers makes me go into the shakes; another makes me violently ill and unable to hold any food down so I cannot take either;   i've never taken recreational drugs but have known people to have drastic side effects - so all drugs need to be taken under medical supervision,  Sorry my experience of podiarist incompetence as the one I saw coukdn't see past my size, tried to deny I had arthritis in the foot from a previous fracture and missed a dislocated metatarsal for getting on for 17 months so didn't refer me on and didn't give me much support so  when the treatment she gave me didn't work instead of referring me on, she just struck me off the patient list and this has left me a bit too dismissive of her profession but in cases where the traditional podiarist options don't work it is time to see a different type of professional to look at the whole problem, mot just your arches.  I hope this helps.

• Posted

Thankyou smile I done the wet foot print test and I do not feel my foot is a true Cavus foot , it’s definately between normal and high but not very High . I think the podiatrist might of misdiagnosed but she certainly scared me . When I connected the internets informations on Cavus being neurological and my worries about twitching and cramping it became bad sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.