Cayenne Pepper saved me :)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello Everyone!

If you are a sufferer of cluster headaches you will know that you will pretty much try anything, to see if it works, to make these debilitating awful attacks from ever coming back. Here is what I have tried, and nothing worked as good as the last one!!

Water treatment seamed to ease the pain slightly. I had a hard time drinking a full glass of water every 30 min. Although I think that is why it helps , while urinating I felt some relief from the cluster headache pain.

Sumatriptan, IMITREX, etc etc - Nasal spray - seamed to work pretty good although not completely pain free, and there are some concerns regarding long term nasal spray applications. It actually tastes bitter & horrible & constantly drips down your throat, yuk!

Magic Mushrooms - Yes i did say I would try anything to make them go away! I had access to some Liberty Caps (UK local mushrooms) - My attack cycle starts October 23 @ 10:30 am - 2:30pm for 10 days - it stopped my attacks for 2 whole days! And then the beast returned , GRRRR! I couldn't just keep tripping!!!! I run several business and have a big family to look after. So the hunt for the right treatment continued.

Coffee and Caffeine Tablets - Seem to reduce intensity, but not by a lot.

Cayenne Pepper *****(Capsicum) Yes this worked a treat! *****In fact this is my preferred way to beat the Vicious Cluster Headache! *****I ingested 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper on food or in water.

This would give me 100% PAIN RELIEF for 50-60 minutes!!! AAHHHH!!! Simply eat another 1/2 a teaspoon and your free again smile my attacks last for 4 hours, so i would repeat 4 times.

Its actually amazing how the pain instantly goes away! If you suffer from Cluster headaches you must try this treatment!

The secret in how capsicum works in its ability to desensitize the sensory neurons within the Trigeminal nerve branches. Capsicum does this by depleting the nerve terminals of a chemical called “Substance P”, the chemical your body produces which activates the nerve fibers that cause swelling and pain throughout your sinus cavity and head.

This is why when you eat spicy food usually containing hot peppers, your sinuses open up wide. It’s not the peppers themselves, but the chemical (capsicum) excreted by the peppers.

As a cluster headache sufferer who found his solution, I felt obliged to share my experience if it can help you GREAT!

GOOD LUCK!

MAGNUS

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The pain isn't in the sinus cavity, its in the right temple. Does this still work for you after a few years?
  • Posted

I am not surprised cayenne works well for you..... and water too. It sounds very much, therefore, that your headaches may be caused by hypertension caused by narrowing of the arteries, and that you would need something to dilate the blood vessels, which is what both cayenne and water do. It may be that you could be in need of a drug such as Lisinopril. If you have not already gone along this path, it would be wise to seek advice from your own GP as such drugs are prescription only. At the same time, incorporate chillies and ginger into your diet...... there are lots of recipes that use them. Wishing you well. smile 
  • Posted

Im suffering from cluster headache for many years i ll try Cayenne Pepper and then i reply you again. Thank you anyway
  • Posted

If this works I will love you forever. I'm on Sumitriptan but it's started making the CH worse and escalates it to a 9-10. I chew diclofenac and ibuprofen and have started epilim but nothing works all that well. I will try this tonight, feeling positive for the first time in a while. Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.