CBD and essential oils

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'd like some feedback from people that has tried CBD oil and/or essential oils. I got into the essential oils and the ones that are supposed to help RA. Most of them smell good. My shoulder and arm felt like it was broken all day today so I rubbed rosemary and turmeric oil  on it. It did take the pain away for about an hour so I believe they work. I researched on cbd oils and that is very confusing. Amazon sells hemp seed oil which I ended up buying. I learned the difference between hemp seed oil and cbd oil is that the oil in hemp seed comes only from the seed, cbd oil comes from the seed, stalk and leafs. Neither contain THC. I've been taking the hemp seed oil for about 2 wks now and I don't feel any difference. I'm undecided on whether to go ahead and try the cbd oil, it's expensive in my books, but I probably will just to see if it works. So if anyone has tried either of these, I would appreciate your comments on whether it helped or didn't. Thanks in advance smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi river22, I have severe RA and I was diagnosed 12 yrs ago. I've been vaping CBD oil for the last 2 months. Vaping is the fastest way to get it into your system. While the CBD had helped tremendously with my migraines, it only takes the edge off of the RA pain. I recently had a bad relapse and the CBD oil didn't seem to help at all with the pain. I'm not sure if it affects everyone differently or not. My relapse is over and I still vape everyday. My personal feelings are that it helps take the edge off of mild pain, but doesn't help with severe pain. 

• Posted

Hi Lisa06461,

I was wondering if I could ask you a bit more about your use if CBD oil to help with migraines. 

I am 18 years old and have suffer from migraines throughout my teenage years. My migraines don't seem to be related to anything within my lifestyle, except when I'm stressed out I get them more often. My migraines mean I can't do anything in the day and have to sleep it off, no aspirin or ibuprofen can cure the migraine. After going to the doctors and trialling different medications nothing seems to help. 

What is your experience with CBD oil for migraines?

How severe are your migraines? Does it get rid of them completely or ease the severity?

What % CBD oil do you take?

How do you take the CBD oil?

If you are able to answer my questions http would be greatly appreciated. 

• Posted

Hi River, I have used CBD oil Medipen vape, can't say it helped really, about essential oils, I use them, peppermint essential oil mixed with hazelnut carrier oil or any carrier, probably seems to help with RA muscle and joint pain, I think essential oil is definitely useful for problems.

• Posted

Hi river, essential oils seem to help with RA joint and muscle pain especially peppermint oil which I use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.