CBD and Xanax

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a chronic feeling of being off balance and have constant tinnitus as well as hearing loss. As a result I have anxiety as well which makes all of these symptoms worse.

I take a low dose of xanax to help combat the dizziness as well as anxiety. I would like to try CBD oil but I am afraid to stop the xanax completely. Do any of you currently use the CBD oil concurrently with a benzodiazapine? It is very hard to find a doctor who knows much about any of this.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes i use cbd oil as well as a benzodiazapine. i have the continuous off balance feeling tinnitus and hearing loss. i never asked my Gp about cbd oil i just ordered it. cant say it has done much though. worth a try it might suit you.

• Posted

Hi Lori; I use xanax 0.5 mg a day as well. It helps with anxiety. I'm waiting for the CBC oil in the mail, so I'm wondering on your reply as well. I understand it will help out alot. I plan on using a small dot. To see if any effect at all. Then go from there.

• Posted

Lorelei

I have been using CBD drops (4 to 6) under my tongue for over a year now and they have helped me every time I start to feel fullness and brain fog. I don't have vertigo any longer since I had the bone removal surgery last August. I've never had tinnitus, thank the Lord, but I feel if it is also nerve related, the drops would help. I don't do Xanax but I do take an anti-depressant (Sertraline) every day and occasionally take a 2mg valium or 5mg Melatonin if I feel at all dizzy but don't have the fullness. I've never noticed any problem. I also take a third to half a dropper to help me sleep on workout nights or if I need to go to bed early to get up for an early workout. It has been a Godsend. By the way, after my workouts after my heart rate has been up around 115 to 120 for at least an hour I feel almost normal during and about 4 hours after. Probably due to the blood circulation. I also take 16mg of Betahistine 3 x daily and am following the John of Ohio supplement regime. Neither the Betahistine nor the supplements have made any significant difference yet for fullness and brain fog (6 weeks). I'll keep trying. Almost forgot, I have two hearing aids but the affected ear is so distorted, I just use one for the good ear (20%) loss, to try to help. Good luck, I hope the CBD works for you. I also use a CBD balm and lotion for arthritis and back pain. No more Advil or Tylonol for me! Best Regards, Glenn

• Posted

Thanks Glen! May I ask how many mg that is per drop? There are so many different formulations. I haven't done the betahistine yet but that was the next thing I was going to try. When I go running I feel good. Being stationary is the worst for me.

• Posted

HI. I FIND YOUR DISCUSSION INTERESTING. I HAD THE SAC DECOMPRESSION SURGERY 5 MONTHS AGO. RESIDUALS HAVE STILL BEEN TROUBLESOME. NO VERTIGO SINCE THE MONTH AFTER THE SURGERY. I ALSO HAVE TINNITUS, HEAD PRESSURE , FOG, AND FULLNESS OFTEN. USING CDB OIL CAN HELP WITH BRAIN FOG AND FULLNESS? I DON'T FIND TYLONOL AND ADVIL VERY HELPFUL. I TAKE AN OCCASIONAL LOW DOSE OF DIAZAPAM AS WELL. ALSO STILL MAINTAINING A LOW SODIUM DIET.

• Posted

The mg per drop is hard to figure but I'll try to explain; a typical dropper bottle is 15 milliliters. My bottle is rated at 250 mg of CBD. There is approximately 20 drops in one milliliter or 300 drops per bottle. 250mg devided by 300 drops is approximately .83 mg per drop. If we use 6 drops it is about 5mg of CBD Oil. You can buy a higher dose bottle but this works for me so far. My sleep formula is about twice that but I have used 1/2 of a dropper and didn't have any problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.