CBD, Anyone tried it??

Posted , 10 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone has tried CBD as a treatment for headaches/migraines and whether or not it has worked, or have there been any adverse side effects??

I'm a sufferer of over 40 years and nothing works for me apart from the triptans. I am on a strict gluten & dairy free diet at the moment and I have noticed a slight decrease, but not sure if it's the diet or just a phase.

I have read about CBD and some swear by it, I also have cervical spondylosis which sometimes causes the migraines and vice versa and was hoping it may help with that aswell??

YL

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

never tried cbd but i have tried the BEMER, that has almost completley eliminated my hemiplegic migraines

• Posted

I think CBD is the cheaper option for the time being, but I'm glad it worked for you

• Posted

i dont know what the BENER IS ?

i do take a cbd oil that has high levels of termeric in it snd that has refuced the severity and length of each migraine episode from 3 days to 1 or 2 x

• Posted

BEMER is some sort of electrical stimulation as far as I am aware, very expensive.

I have ordered some CBD and am hoping it works for me, it's my last chance.

Thanks for your feedback

YL x

• Posted

THE BEMER IS A VASCULAR THERAPY DEVICE THAT INCREASES OXYGEN AND NUTRIENTS AND FLUSHES OUT WAST IN YOUR BODY FASTER IT ALSO CLEANSES ALL THE TRILLIONS IF CELLS IN YOUR BODY . THATS WHY THERE IS SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT IT CAN ACTUALLY HELP IF NOT GET RID OF MIGRAINES. YES IT IS QUITE SPENDY, BUT WHAT IS YOUR OVERALL HEALTH WORTH. FOR ME I WAS ABLE TO GET MY LIFE BACK

• Posted

i have been on cbd capsules for a month now, i have trigeminal neuralgia and hemicrania continua on my right side. i was on numerous medication but wasnt getting any relief, it was also causing horrendous side effects i was feeling so ill. i also take a supplement of Magnesium and a B Vitamin. . I feel more confident taking the natural route than drugs, it isnt a quick fix it will take a while but i do feel better and more in control. cbd isnt for everyone my sister tried it for her back pain and said she felt nauseous, i have to admit so did i but if you can persist you will start to feel the benefit. i tried the actual oil under the tongue but couldnt get on with the taste so went for the capsules, I order from a company in Switzerland called cibdol and they are shipped from Holland. i do feel the combination of the Magnesium and the B complex as well is important.

wishing you well

Angela x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Angela,

I tried magnesium with vit B, but it didn't help me like everything else I try. This is why I thought the CBD might be helpful.

I have bought the drops, not started using them yet so can't comment on the taste, but we'll see how I go and hopefully they'll be no side effects, I have to start having some luck.

YL x

• Posted

I've tried straight CBD oil, and CBD oil with some THC in it. Went on a long trial of it for over 6 months. At first, there seemed to be a minor prevention of migraines, but over time that improvement went away, so I kept increasing the CBD dosage. This only resulted in depression, a known problem with cannabis. The "experts" will say that depression only occurs with cannabis that has some THC content, but I learned that straight CBD in increasing doses also causes it. So, I discontinued using it.

Please see my discussion post of today where I list the things that have worked for me in bringing my migraine occurrences from over 20 days per month down to 1 or 2 days per month. It is titled MIGRAINE PROBLEM SOLVED.....jim.

• Posted

Thanks for that Jim,

I will monitor myself closely and be aware of any changing moods etc...

I have already replied to your comment on your previous post earlier today.

YL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.