Cbd for OLP

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I am about to start using CBD to see if it helps my OLP, I have used many Medical Remedy and none has helped, si was wondering if anyone has used CBD and what dosage, in fact any info on CBD for this terrible Oral Lichen Planus... Teresa..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have not used this, When you say OP, your speaking of mouth sores?

I have been battling esphogeal LP, OLP and the worst Vaginal LO with no control or relief, it's very painful, I go days in bed and weeks not able to leave the house.

My Derm LP dic just left so I'm back to having no kne, she was 2 1/2 hours away was going to Mayo they are 4 1/2 hour drive.

It's so frustrating , going on 7 years of this crud.

I will follow to see if anyone has suggestions. My best to you, My name is Teresa also!

• Posted

Hi, I too had esophageal OLP and it got so bad that I could not swallow so had to go into hospital to have the esophagus expanded, I can swallow now but still have OLP there and inside my mouth, I am trying CBD tincture now.. I also had bad Vaginal LP my Consulting Dermatology prescribed Ovestin cream with a internal applicator and Dermovate for the external use and it worked brilliant, if I could get relief from the OLP it would be great... Teresa

• Posted

hi patrick, I have had olp for 6 yrs. Tried a lot of things to no avail. However I recently woke to a completely clear mouth !!! Unfortunately it only lasted for about 20 days which was right before Christmas. I follow a pretty strict diet of no sugar except naturally occurring and gluten free. I decided this Christmas I was going to enjoy the goodies so I let myself indulge in cookies and desserts, bad choice. After a few days I woke with my mouth so sore and my tongue was full of bumps probably 30 or so. I have a medical cannabis card so I got a bottle of 1:1 MCT cannabis tincture and used that in my mouth and what a great relief from the pain. CBD did take all my tongue bumps away in three days however my cheeks and lips still have a lot of gunk peeling and hanging off. I do use it quite regularly but its also quite costly! Hope this helps but for me I know sugar and gluten make it a lot worse. Wishing you healing!

• Posted

Hi, I started on the CBD today 2drops 3 times daily to start so fingers crossed, I will keep you updated.. Keep trying.. Teresa.

• Posted

Hi Patrick! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the CBD works! Just a note I use .75 ml on the eye dropper which equals about 30-35 drops at once and hold in my mouth as long as possible. I use this every 4-6 hrs if necessary. This dosing is per my medical facility. They dose per weight and I weigh 105. So this gives you an idea of how much it may take to see relief. Healing vibes for you!

• Edited

Hi Julia 52.....,well I have stopped using the CBD oil as it didn't help now maybe it was the fact that there was no THC in it, some people say that its important to have THC in the mix, but it is near impossible to get it with THC, I am getting Low Level Laser therapy and it seems to calm it down, I have just started and the Clinic said it will take at least 3 weeks to know for sure, now I have not forgotten CBD but until get it with the THC I won't be using it... Keep trying and sharing we will win.... Teresa

• Posted

Oh so sorry to hear that the CBD did not help. Well my olp went completely away a couple weeks ago. I knew it as soon as I woke up cause I could feel the difference no pain or hanging off skin in my mouth. Rejoice! Short lived though within a week it was back. Cant figure out what it was that triggered healing so back to the drawing board. Hope your new laser therapy works Keep us informed. Praying for all of us to get some answers and relief!

• Posted

Type "aloe vera and lichen planus study" in Google, it shows a study that seems to at least offer hope. It does not tell you about dosage or frequency, but at least something. I have not seen anything about CBD and OLP anywhere

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.