CBD oil

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi guys, has anyone tried CBD oil and did it help? And can you take it alongside Betahistine? I’m guessing yes as all natural but wondered if anyone has had any experience with it? 

Thank you! 😬

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have used CBD oil but hasn’t done much. I also take betahistine and have had no problems using the CBD oil while taking them

• Posted

What do you hope to accomplish with the CBD oil?  It is unlikely to reduce vertigo but some folks have had success with it for reducing stress/anxiety which then helps with reduced dizziness and other MD symptoms.  I take Betahistine and tried CBD oil and had no problem.  The CBD did not do much for me.  I'm about to start on medical marijuana which I've heard is better for reducing stress/anxiety then CBD.  MM can also be used safely with Betahistine *.

* One important note.....if you are taking Betahistine be sure NOT to take an ORAL antihistamine for allergy.  If you do it will neutralize the Betahistine and you will receive no benefit from it.  If you need an antihistamine take it via NASAL SPRAY (not through mouth) and/or take a steroid nasal spray like Flonase which is not an antihistamine.  Good luck

• Posted

Hi tanney, I hope to reduce anxiety which doesn’t help the balance and to quieten down the tinnitus as well. I won’t take antihistamine as it flairs up the condition but am currently in a steroid nose spray. I seem to rattle and Swiss from all the pills and potions! 
  • Posted

no I haven't let me no how ya get on 

• Posted

So far so good. Nice and calming and so far no imbalance (I pull to the left with anxiety). I know it won’t change the fullness or tinnitus in my right ear but it does make me feel calmer which will help with the attacks. I’d say give it a go. 
  • Edited

Greetings deemogs.

I carry my CBD everywhere I go. It has alleviated any dizziness associated with a vertigo attack before it gets to the point of an attack.  It has a calming affect and I feel much safer having it.  Please check my other posts if you can to see my whole story.  I haven't tried Betahistine yet but will get some soon.  The CBD doesn't help the ear fullness and hearing loss but definitely stops the nerve reactions that start the vertigo and nausea. I am on blood pressure, cholesterol and Zoloft and haven't noticed any side reactions at all. Be sure to get non THC CBD. I use oil from hemp as I do not want any THC in my system. I also started taking extra potassium (550mg) with each meal and it has started to help the fullness. Best of luck to you,   

• Edited

Hi, thanks for the comment, I’ve now had a morning without imbalance ! Not much I know but seeing as it’s been present for weeks it’s a nice relief. I defo have the non THC oil! It’s expensive but worth it if it has this nice calming impact! I’m using 2 drops of 500mg strength and it says twice a day and that you can use more but to build up. So I will definitely be doing that. 😬

• Edited

Hello,

I take CBD oil (I don't take Betahistine) and I find it helps keep me "stable."  My vertigo episodes are far less frequent since taking it regularly.  

• Posted

Hi, thanks for responding, I am taking 2xdrops from 500mg dropper twice a day. Out of interest how much do you take please? I know you have to build it up but I am convinced it stopped a full on episode last night. 
    • Posted

Hello again.  I take CBD oil daily (no TCH).  I usually take 1 ml. per day, sometimes I take 1.4 ml.  As I wrote previously, it keeps thins stable for me.

• Posted

I have meniere's and purchased Lazarus Naturals 6000 mg. Took it orally and really no help. Desperate I put 3 drops in my effected ear and went to sleep. Amazing pressure gone tinnitus reduced it has been amazing. I do it every night before bed and I feel normal again or 89%. This works.

• Posted

Ken,

I've never used cbd drops in my ear but they always work under the tongue. I only use 4 to 6 drops of 300mg. 6000mg sounds high to me, plus I'm sure it is more expensive. I will definately keep that in mind if I get to where the oral doesn't work. I'm glad you found relief.

• Posted

I am new to this CBD oil and thrilled to find people who have found relief from Menieres. My order should be in tomorrow. You put the drops in you affected ear rather than under the tongue?

Interesting. I had the whole gamut of dexamethasone injections through the eardrum, did nothing. Why do you think the drops in the ear worked?

I'm willing to try anything.

thanks!

Tami

• Posted

Tami

I also tried dexamethasone injections and not much help for me either. I take Dyazide to keep fluids down and have had no further vertigo. Mine is internal head vibration, disconnected visually at time, tinnitus etc. Was trying orally CBD but it did nothing other than calming effect. Out of desperation I took the oil Lazarus Naturals and placed 4 or 5 drops in my ear canal and lay down. I fell asleep but when I awoke there was a noticeable help. CBD helps calm the vestibular nerve somehow. I only do drops at night as I go to bed and pray. Good luck God bless and keep me posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.