CBD oil

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, has anyone tried CBD oil ? Did it help? Did you experience any side effects?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have used topicals (gel and cream) that contained cannabis sativa <0.3%.  I don't know how that compares to cbd oil. , The gel and cream have other ingredients, too, that may be helping  (like green tea, aloe, peppermint, arnica, msm, geranium, dandelion, etc),so it's hard to say whether it is the cannabis extract that is what is providing the main relief,  but, yes, they do help with the the all-over muscle soreness and I use them for back pain too. I can't vouch for all brands. Have only used products from Mary's Nutritionals and Basic Jane which are avail online. Just check ingredients to make sure you aren't allergic to anything.

• Posted

Hi, I have heard a lot of positives about the oil. I was given a bottle but I'm a bit nervous to use it. I've spoken to my pharmacist, GP, and physio therapist to get their viewpoint but as expected they don't want to commit to anything. All I want to know is it safe for me to take. I'm going away later this week so I don't want to be carrying the bottle in case they confiscate it. So it will be interesting to see what others say

• Posted

Yes, I have been using CBD oil for about 10 weeks now. I use the oil that is legal here in the UK,it has virtually no THC, it is the CBD aspect that produces the effect on the brains pain receptors. The THC is the part of the cannabis plant that produces the (illegal) 'high'. The THC is not required to get an effect.

At the same time as starting with the CBD I also started taking Turmeric in capsule form and a magnesium supplement. This was on recommendation from the Health Food store. Turmeric has long been used in Ayuverdic medicine to reduce inflammation and magnesium helps with energy release.

I can honestly and categorically say it works for me, with no side effects at all, unless you count feeling great, with more energy and little to no pain from Fibromyalgia. I still have pain from my bad back and hip, but I wasn't expecting orthopedic miracles, just hoping beyond hope for some help with the fibro. I think you have to commit to at least a good 6 - 8 week trial, you cannot take CBD for a couple of weeks and expect to see improvement on an illness you may have had for years. I have had fibro for a good 10 years, the last 5 being the worst.

All I can say is 'give it a trial'. I use 5% CBD and put 3 - 4 drops under my tongue 2 or 3 times a day. Yes, it tastes vile but I couldn't care less about that, if it tasted 10 times worse I would still take it, the improvement in my life is absolutely worth it (and the money, as its not particularly cheap, but I am managing to get through my days at work with energy to spare instead of thinking about having to give up work and sit at home all day!)

Good Luck with it, I hope it works for you.

• Posted

I tried these same things but only for a week with no help I will try again for a longer period and see if it helps. Thank you!!
  • Posted

I wanted to see what others said before I wrote about my experience of using the oil. I have used 2.75% about 6 drops a day for 3 weeks and have notised a significant difference. I still have a few aches and pains but they are minor compared to how they used to be. I used to get 1-2 bad days a week where even getting out of bed was impossible. This is the best I have felt in a very long time.
  • Posted

Forgot to add I have also not taken any prescibed medication during these 3 weeks whereas normally i would be taking codeine and anti sickness almost daily and had for over a year.
  • Posted

Hi yes i am taking 5% strength upto three times a day, few drops under my tounge and really has helped with no side effects, gone from taking morphine to just a few codomol when needed. I’m a complementary/sports/massage therapist and find the oral oil works great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.