CBD oil and Citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone tried CBD oil with Citalopram and had a positive outcome? I would be interested to know whether it is worth a try as 2 months into taking Citalopram, my depression has lifted only a tiny bit.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jill

I have not tried it but would also be interested to know if anyone has particularly in conjunction with citalopram. I am week 10 on 10 mg Cit and have some reasonable days but also some horrible. Am looking for something to completely relax me when attending social events so I can enjoy myself instead of wanting to rush off home all the time. I am agorophobic where i find it difficult to go more than about 5 miles from home and that is in my car. Definitely no public transport. Wouldnt it be lovely to feel so totally relaxed and know a panic attack is not around the corner. I have looked up reviews and comments on the web re cbd oil and I am very tempted to try and the oil in lloyds pharmacy had quite good reviews.

• Posted

Hi Sue

Yes, I'm tempted too. There are some warnings online about combining SSRIs with CBD oil, but there hasn't been much research. One online psychiatrist said it was ok when combined in small doses. I think problems can arise in how the liver processes both at once, so that you can have higher levels of SSRI in your system than you are supposed to. That would increase side-effects. I'm no expert though! Most online articles recommend consulting a doctor first. I bet most of them don't know the first thing about it!

Jill

• Posted

Hi Jill

Yes that is one thing I read that you have to be careful if already on medication which is the reason I am a bit hesitant, I am sure if you consulted GP he would discourage. The CBD oil from Lloyds doesnt seemto be that potent but I think i will see how I am doing for another month. Must admit last few days have been much improved (10th week on 10 mg Cit). Or you could try it and let me know how you get on !!! ha ha ha

• Posted

Hi Sue

I have improved quite a bit too. I'm now in my 9th week of Citalopram, the first 4 on 10mg and now on 20mg. I've had 2 acupuncture sessions. It may be all in the mind, but they seem to have helped. I might try CBD oil when weaning myself off the tablets, but that will be quite a while yet, I think.

Jill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.