CBD oil experiences?

Posted , 7 users are following.

How have people got on with using cbd oil for fibromyalgia? Are there a lot of benefits? 

I’m on 10mg amitriptyline as well but it’s not doing much other than helping me sleep, don’t want to up the dose either really... 

The only symptom that forever bothers me more than the rest is chest pain and tenderness.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I have tried CBD for a couple of months with no real benefit for me - not saying it won’t work for others 

I get most positive response to heat treatment for the pain - I use a thermal infrared blanket which I saw on one of the fibro UK sites and it’s good for alleviating pain 

Good luck 

• Posted

I've been using CBD oil for about 2 weeks now with no noticeable difference in pain, but I have been feeling less anxious. I'm going to give it another couple of weeks as I've bought it now but wont carry on if it doesn't affect the pain. It's pretty expensive, buying from Holland & Barratt it would cost about £40 a month to keep taking it.

I'm also on Amitriptyline, have been taking that for about two years now, it started off really helping me sleep but now it doesn't seem to help much with sleep or the pain. I may double up on this to see if that has any effect.

• Posted

Hi Chelsey, I have found that Cannabis oil helps alot with my pain. I have alot of pain from Fibro but also have Polymylgia and Osteoarthritis and it definitely damps down the pain. However, I make my own oil, I've never bought actual CBD oil! I know that there are varying degrees of success for people with CBD oil, works for some, not for others. Mine works for me and I don't get any high from it. If you haven't tried it, I would recommend giving it a go, it may work and even a little relief is something!

• Posted

Just came across this article.

Medical Cannabis Treatment for Fibromyalgia

The prevalence of Treatment For Fibromyalgia goes up as a person ages, yet 80-90% of all cases are women. The symptoms are known to worsen with persistence as it progresses and it is worsened by the weather, illness and stress. One cannabinoid profile that is well suited for this disorder patients has been identified as CBD. It is suggested patients obtain CBD rich medicine.  Synergistically coupling a cbd rich

According to a report conducted by the National Pain Foundation and National Pain Report, medical cannabis has been rated as one of the most effective treatment in reducing pain from Fibromyalgia.Many of the 1,300 fibromyalgia patients who responded to the survey said they had tried all 3 of the FDA approved drugs. One patient explained there were far more negative side effects to the FDA approved drugs than there were positive attributes.

When asked about the effectiveness of Cymbalta (Duloxetine), 60% of those who tried the medication stated that it did not work for them, whilst 8% reported it to be very effective. 32% reported Cymbalta helped slightly.Of those in the study who tried Pfizer’s Lyrica (Pregabalin) a whopping 61% reported that there was no relief. 10% reported Lyrica to be very effective whilst 29% said it helped slightly.

Rating Forest Laboratories’ Savella (Milnacipran), 68% of those trailing the drug stated that it didn’t work. 10% reported that it was very effective and 22% reported slight relief.

Comparing the study findings against those who had tried medical cannabis for their this disorder symptoms 62% said it was very effective. Another 33% said it helped slightly whilst only 5% reported no relief.

• Posted

Hi chelsy,

I’ve tried CBD for Fibro and it’s a very short fix like maybe 1 hr and it can get pretty expensive especially if you’ve got a pretty bad case of it like I do. 

Hope you find something that works

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.