CBD Oil for anxiety

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi. I was listening to the radio earlier today, there was a conversation about using CBD for panic attacks and anxiety. It was very interesting. But what I wonder is, does anyone on here have advice on it. Im on antidepressants for a number of years & 2mg anixcalm and I just wonder would it be worth looking into with my GP. Ive an appointment next week, this is why I am asking you all what ye think so I have plenty of information before this appointment. (it is available where I live in chemists) Thank you in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had one of the worst experience on cbd oil in my ecig. But looking back the dose was to high. I had ×1000.. I had a panic attack from it. Witch was the worst I have ever had. It was absolutely crazy. To the point my girlfriend rang a ambulance. I have had panic attacks before. But this one was unreal. So I would never touch the stuff again. But I do have a friend who smokes it. Think it's like ×250 and he gets on really well with it.. But I suppose it's something to bring up with your gp.

• Posted

I have vaped CBD ejuice, used CBD shatter and also bought a full spectrum oil and found very little benefits from it if any. In saying that it supposedly takes several weeks to start working but it is costly and I doubt you will get a GP (UK anyway) that will or even can prescribe it..... they wont even prescribe Lustral due to it being expensive

• Posted

Thanks Tom. seems some of it is available here, you just go to chemists. why I wonder is, if its that good why would a GP etc., not mention it. Im on Lustral & Ive had my dose upped a few months ago, I am getting there but its slow. seems (the oil) costs 27e, now how long that lasts I dont know hence my post, Thank you for getting back to me I think I will ask about it next week & see what she say, take care

• Posted

Hi Jean. the reason that GP 's cannot prescribe it is because it is not approved by NICE, it has not had enough tests on the long term effects, the same as vaping. GP's are very much of different opinions at the moment, 1 GP, where I work, brought it for his elderly mother when conventional mental health drugs were not working and it did help but then another GP sets no store by it. I have not used it myself but if you do use it make sure it is CBD and not just hemp or you maybe wasting your money

• Posted

I've tried both Hemp oil and CBD oil. Not much difference between either. I am a firm believer in either of these. Hemp Oil is much cheaper tho. I order my hemp oil from Amazon. Do not anything lower than 500 mg. Has helped my anxiety bunches along with numerous other ailments that I have. Sleep is also better. I still take generic ativan and have even been able to reduce the dose. Zero side effects to either of the above.

And yes it does take a few days to totally get in your system. But worth it to me compared to the side effects of the numerous meds I have been on for both anxiety and depression.

Please give either cbd oil or hemp oil a chance. I'm in my 60's and this has been a miracle for me

• Posted

What are you on currently? I suffer from severe anxiety and take between 2 and 5mg of diazepam before a stressful situation to control it. It may be worth asking about this, But my warning is, do not drive, and do not drink. It's pretty powerful even in small doses.

• Posted

CBD has the same effect as grapefruit on antidepressants. using high levels of cbd can increase the levels of your dosage, so be careful.

60% of all drugs use the CYP enzymes and proteins to metabolize. Cbd and antidepressants are metabolize by the same thing, so only one can go at a time. CBD loves going first so that leaves your body with higher levels of your prescription.

from what I've read you would need to be taking a lot of cbd though. most cbd sprays should be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.