Cbd oil instead of anti depressants

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi am currently debating whether to start Citalopram for my anxiety or carry on with my cbd oil which has great reviews for anxiety and is supposed to work with your body rather than against it as modern. Medicines tend to do hence the side affects ?

thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am on prozac, was thinking of going on CBD OIL with it, not sure if it's OK,

• Posted

its not advised to use CBD oil with any anti-depressant as they in thereoy do the similar things in the brain receptors. its either use one of the other.

• Posted

Hey Scott, 

How long have you been on it? What kind of symptoms were/are you having before you went on the CBD? 

I’m asking cause I’m on celexa 10mg and in my 20th week and doing real well. But I was just recently reading that CBD is more natural and less side effects. I also know someone on it doing well. But she was nothing the way I was. I think celexa is great for anxiety

Will😎

• Posted

Yes i have been using CBD Oil from a compnay called Endoca which is a very pure natural version. i dont notice if it is helping with the anxiety but there are loads of reviews and reports saying it does help some people loads. Cant quite build up the confidence to start with Citalopram as i know it can be a rough ride starting them, so something which is supposed to do a similar job in the body but a natural substance was worth a go in my opinion.

Anxiety symptoms, how long have you got. Waking massive adrenalin surges, restless legs, headaches, constant unbalanced feeling, bloating stomach, fatigue, tension, irritable, angry, low moods..........was following the natural recovery path which many people do but it seems to be a very up and down process and i'm well into 18 months of it without feeling massively improved to be honest, probably just need to be patient while my sensitised nerves calm. hard work though.

• Posted

If you can live your life this way stay with the CBD.  I’ll tell you with the citalopram I had many side effects for 4 months. Some come and go and diminish and I still have anxiety but nothing like I had before using it. I had horrific panic attacks. 

Will😎

• Posted

I have been on Citalopram for over 10 years. It works really well for me. My depression is a side-effect of Multiple Sclerosis. It works so well for me that honestly, I hope to be on it for the rest of my life. Having said that, I will tell you with surety that if I could have found  something natural that would work for me, that's definitely what I would have done. If the cbd oil is working for you,stick with it. If you've not yet tried it but you're wondering about it, try the oil first. 

Citalopram works well for me bit did not work at all for my daughter. Don't live with depression. Keep trying until you find what works well for you!

• Posted

I haven’t tried that yet. I am currently weaning off of Citalopram down to 15 mg. I am also taking 5htp and Ashwagandha which has really helped with tapering  side effects. Once I’m completely off Of Cit, I’m considering trying CBD oil.  I’ve heard it works ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.