Cbd oil with citalopram

Posted , 6 users are following.

This week has been horrible. Increased my citalopram to 40mg five weeks ago, thought I was doing better but now I feel worse than ever.

Thursday I decided to try cbd oil to help ease the anxiety a bit, but taking it since but don’t feel anything. Just took another dose about a hour ago and I actually feel worse 😦 I just took a bath and my anxiety is through the roof and I feel really nauseous.

Can cbd oil actually worsen anxiety?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nina

I tried it too, hoping for miracles, but it didn't do anything for me apart from more headaches.

• Posted

Hi, just for 5 days, I was getting headaches. I think I'm sensitive to anything medicinal anyway.

• Posted

Yea it’s been about 5 days for me too but I don’t think I’m going to take any today.

• Posted

I'm stopping magnesium too and vit d3. I've been playing around with these lately but I don't think they are helping me. I'm sticking to a good diet and exercise instead.

• Posted

Tbh I wouldn’t quit on the magnesium. How long have you been taking it? It can take months to feel even a slight difference with that stuff.

The only time I ever quit it was because it would make me go to the bathroom all the time lol. But this time I started taking it before bed and don’t have that problem.

You will find quicker relief with exercise and diet tho 😃

• Posted

try epsom salts in your bath to get magnesium x

• Posted

Hi Toria

I bought some a couple of weeks ago for my husband but we haven't used it yet. I shower mostly but I'll give it a try. T hanks.

• Posted

Hi

Just for a week before bed to help me sleep. It helped for two nights that's all. I took it at the same time I took d3 once and I felt really groggy and spaced out. It put me off.

• Posted

CBD oil can help and it can also worsen anxiety unless you find the right amount for you x I learned that the hard way x

I just gave up in the end with the CBD oil.

you need to give the 40mg a lot more time to set in. it really doesn't take weeks more like months. the fact you were feeling better means they will work it's normal for them to blip and have setbacks x

• Posted

I’ve been taking the dose the seller recommended me for a few days, but with no relief I decided to double it last night to see if I would feel a difference and my anxiety got 10x worse.

Think I’m just gunna quit taking it and stick with the 40’s, it’s only been 5 weeks so I hope you’re right. Thank you.

• Posted

everything ive read regarding cbd oil and citalopram is bad after a while!

• Posted

Quitting it today to see how I feel. Only cost me $30 anyways.

• Posted

any thing related to that plant does not do well with ssri.

• Posted

I haven’t been noticing that much of a difference till yesterday when my anxiety went through the roof. The girl who sold it to me said it would take 4-5 days to get in my system so I wanted to give it a change, but if it’s going to keep my feeling like this it’s not worth it.

I also read online that it doesn’t cause any side effects and even people on antidepressants take it with great results, that’s why I wanted to try it but it doesn’t appear to be the case for me...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.