cbt discharged me because i had the flu

Posted , 3 users are following.

i feel so upset at the minute i was trying my best ,started slowly going out the house ect i missed two cbt appointments because i had the flu or some sort of flu bug im still not 100% now cause my ears feels funny and keep hurting so i recieved a copy of a letter that was sent to my doctor saying they have discharged me because i failed to go to two appointments even though i rang them now my doctors arent going to take me seriously and i feel really alone !! im really angry and upset nothing like feeling let down 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there's a large demand for cbt, but this wrong, i would write a letter of complaint, hope this helps
    • Posted

i understand that but i realised one of the times i have missed it is because she was not working on the arranged date which was christmas eve so its not even my fault the first time im going to get my partner to ring them im too mad right now 
  • Posted

Hi Steph, 

Sorry to hear that they have discharged you, quite frankly that is pants!

I would get yourself booked back in with your GP again and ask them to sort out another referral for you, hopefully a fast track one. It sounds like you had a pretty legitimate reason for having to miss the appointments therefore your doctor should take this on board. It sounds like you feel that the CBT was working for you as well so tell your doctor this. If it is doing the job for you then hopefully they will be eager for you to have a full course of therapy!

In the meantime try not to let it bother you too much. It is an inconvenience at the minute but hopefully one that can be sorted out!

• Posted

it was working for me maybe not the work but the fact somebody was there to support me and i felt at least im not alone and somebody is trying to help if that makes sence even though understanding anxiety was helping it was that i really needed the reasurrance that they is people that are trying to help me ,im just scared cause its made me so upset and mad and im starting to realise it is there job not that they acually care and i know thats something i did not want to think sad hopefully it will be all sorted because im scared my doctor will ignore every symtom i have now because of this 
    • Posted

Hi Steph, 

I'm sorry you feel like you do sad sound like you are going through it right now. Although you might not think it right now I think that they do care otherwise they wouldn't have gone into the profession in the first place however unfortunately at the minute there is such a high demands which means there are so many strains on the NHS that they simply can not afford missed appointments even though you have a pretty legitimate reason. Don't get me wrong I am 100% percent behind you at the minute as it appears that you have been pretty hard done by however looking at the bigger picture of waiting lists for CBT and the costs associated with missed appointments at the minute I can sort of see where they are coming from. Don't blame the pacticioners though, I think the system as a whole is to blame at the minute due to the pressure that they NHS is under. 

What I would remember is that this isn't personal! It isn't that they don't care about you it is simply them following protocol. Unfortunately as a result of this you are the one left to suffer! Go and see your GP and tell them how you feel and your concerns and they should hopefully put it all right for you!

Keep your head up, it's only an inconvenience. It is pretty pants but hopefully it can all be put right for you x

• Posted

thanks i understand about the nhs and how much money its wasting just does not feel fair i have calmed down alot now and i was greatful for how fast they got me into cbt because it only took a couple of weeks i dont think they have a good job at keeping track though as the first time i missed my appointment in november because they never contacted me about the appointment and sent me a letter with a warning and now its my cbt worker fault about christmas eve and then it is my fault again for having the flu im waiting for a phone call back hopefully this will all be sorted out and i can chill out again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.