CBT feedback...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone done CBT and How good is It ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It all depends where you are in the realm of anxiety. Cant do it in a crisis state of mind.
  • Posted

I found it to be utter garbage. It's given as a precursor to therapy as it's cheap and can help people with very very minor problems. It can help some but generally it has very low success rates, just don't have high expectations of it

• Posted

Thank God, I agree with CBT being not effective. I think its a fad and maybe some people get some use from it. I don't, My mental heath team keep sending me for CBT courses, they think 5 sessions and they repeat it twice a year. Waste of time, I have done proper therapy for many years and this helped me get out of a real mess. I rather take pills now than CBT, whenever they start talking about more CBT sessions I just feel like telling them, its a waste of time and I am not getting younger please just give me the pills. If they don't work I will tell them, maybe its the wrong way to deal with it. But as I said I am not getting any younger. My dad died at 62 years and he had anxiety just like me, so if CBT does not work for you, one should move on quickly to something else

• Posted

Does it focus on how to deal with panic ?
    • Posted

It's all about distraction, it's not at all about dealing with the route cause, which is why generally speaking it's not very effective. Proper therapy is a better approach

• Posted

I did it for 3 sessions early 2014 an the therapist ended it on the 4th session as i was struggling to verbally express myself as i am not very good at opening up in a talkative way , i have no problem writing down how i feel but CBT is based on talking , trying to make something negative into a positive , getting deep down in your thoughts , etc , i have heard good things about it from others an i feel like any treatment you need to try it for yourself as only your body an mind will know if it is for you so i suggest you try it , it is easier if you can explore your inner thoughts by talking , i preferred Art Therapy as i like colouring , drawing , etc . Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.