CBT for insomnia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was wondering if anyone here has used CBT to help with insomnia and if so did it help you? I was thinking of trying this to help my insomnia so any info would be appreciated!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you think there's any hope of it working, you should try it. If there's something you think will help more, then you should try that. In any case, you should very probably work with the idea that no doctor is going to prescribe you long-term medication until all forms of therapy have proved, or could be considered with near certainty likely to be, unhelpful.

• Posted

I take Mirtazapine currently but would like to get off it and I'm looking for better alternatives as I don't really want to deal with the side effects and would more natural ways or cures to deal with insomnia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.