Ccydenia - tail bone oain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hubby took me out to see friends to cheer me up. Sat wriggling all evening during to pain in my tail bone. Not sure if anyone had had this problem x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What have you had done and how long ago?
    • Posted

It's a bit early yet, I would wait and see if it settles down, I would think you won't want to have the hassle just yet of going to see someone new about this.

• Posted

Oh yes, coccydenia is painful, it's also going right underneath me to the front.

Try googling pudendal nerve, it might not be this, worth having a look.

I'm not the best person to ask, as back problems cause referred pain at the bottom of my back anyway, but I didn't have coccyx pain before op, and put it down to the position in stirrups I was in during surgery.

In high stirrups, it can affect your back.

Hope yours goes soon.

• Posted

Yes this is where the majority of my pain is, I'm 5 weeks post op too, my pain is currently towards the right though, two weeks ago it was all on the left x

• Posted

Hi Rita, I suffer from this since childbirth but after my a&p repair it was really bad and dislocated and moving all over the place. I would recommend you see an Osteopath. 

Hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.