Cdiff?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well....I went back to the doctor today. Most of my issues lately have been intestinal (other than the trouble sleeping) and he thinks I might have a  mild case of cdiff due to the fact I was on antibiotics before we knew this was mono. I have to do a stool culture but I haven't have but one BM in the last 3 days. I went on a bland diet to stop the diarrhea I was experiencing and it seems to have helped even tho the BM today wasn't the greatest. Has anyone else had a mild case of cdiff they were able to get under control on their own? If so how did you do it? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

On a side note.....got my results back from my ultrasound and my liver looks fine now. So that is something.
    • Posted

Glad to hear the liver is looking fine now that is something at least!
  • Posted

Oh goodness Wendi you've had such an awful time with this, sorry to hear about the cdiff and really hoping that is something that can be treated well and quickly. It's not something I know much about really, other than that with it being a bacteria hopefully it can be somethign that the right antibiotics can help? Although not the same I have been having issues with prostatitis caused by bacteria e-faecalis, and it's very frustrating to say the least. Sometimes looking up which herbs are good to fight the particular bacteria can help, I know things like oregano and turmeric and many others can be helpful.

Thinking of you and still believing you will get better, totally 100% believing that.

Craig

• Posted

When you say intestinal what do you mean? Ive been experiencing some discomfort just below my left breast (right side) im scared its something to do with another body part?? Like my pancreas or something? Pleased to hear your liver is better than what it was? 
    • Posted

Really hoping your pain settles down in this area Poppy, the stress of these things is awful to deal with I know just want you to know still thinking about you and rooting for you and remember you ARE going to get through this - I totally believe that.

Don't hestitate to go to the doc (even if you've been before) and ask them to check it out or run some routine blood tests perhaps, maybe by doing something like this it can put your mind at rest a bit. And remember this virus is responsible for all sorts of weird aches and pains, so it may well be very normal as part of the virus, but hopefully a doc can help and provide the right reassurance and advice.

Thinking of you and hang in there Poppy,

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.