Cefalexin woes? Why do we all read these posts?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi... I'm one of those people who spends hours reading every post imaginable on the internet about things like antibiotics - which I hate - before I decide to take them. I'm definitely a wuss when it comes to side effects, and as a result delayed takin my cefalexin prescription for 4 days having read many scare stories here. If you're now doing the same as I did, then take a breather for a minute and realise that we're all different and react in different ways, and that most people who sail through treatments with no ill effects whatsoever, wouldn't even think of ging on teh net to say so.

Having said all of that, I can't say it the most pleasant of feelings. Im half way through a 7 day course for chest infection. Have been afected by nausea, but mainly towards the end of the day as the levels in the blood are quite high (after 4 doses). Stomach upsets, things just feel tender and wrong, but no diarrhea as yet anyway. Tired yes, and the headcahes too that people talk about. But for the first time today I can just about breathe through my nose!... so something is happening. I'm the worst person to say don't get freaked out by online reviews etc, but at the end of teh day, we all want to get better, and the reality is we might have a slightly bumpy ride. But having read every bit of published evidence I could find, I know that most people do in fact use cefalexin safely and without disturbane. Pleased for them!!! Might come back at the end of my 7 days and update, as I might be completely wrong! Good luck to everyone reading these posts anyway...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I know its over a year since you posted this; but wanted to ask did you come back with an update, as I could not find one.

I am on a 5 day course of 250 gms, as well as the same with Metrronidazole 400 gms after a post op on removing my Gall Bladder & Stones. (I also had a LOTUS Scalpel Procedure done at the time).

I have not had any headaches as such, (although pre-op I did get severe Migraine/Headaches whilst taking Tramadol). My urine is a very strange colour, but I willl persevere, as I still have to have my wounds dressed on a daily basis. :lol: :roll:

• Posted

First time I've been on site. Found comments of Paul123 comforting as have just started 2nd course of Cefalexin in three weeks for dental infection. Am also suffering unknown health problems, so its difficult to know whether the diarrohea and throbbing headaches are as a result of this or side effects of the anti-biotic
  • Posted

Just had 7 days on 3 * 500 mg Cephalexin to cure a urinary infection which has now cleared up. No side effects apart from a ltlle dizziness first thing in the morning. Otherwise they are great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.