Celecoxib 100mg update

Posted , 4 users are following.

So iv been on these just over a week now and there definitely working for the chronic stiffness and burning pain in my spine, I can't believe the difference, I feel like a different person all ready, I couldn't walk, stand or sit, I'm just wondering now how long this will last and if it's going to be like everything else and stop working after a while, this has been my experience with all meds inthe past.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

When I first started on Celebrex it was night and day.  Of all the medications I've been on over the past 28 years (I've had PA since I was 12), Celebrex changed my life. And I'm glad to report it's still working.  I think I started taking it in 1998 - 100mg twice a day.  It didn't stop the progression of the disease and I still needed to have four joints replaced and one fused, but it helped with the pain and kept me moving better.

I hope it keeps working for you!  

• Posted

Ah that's really reassuring, thank you, so sorry you've had to suffer from such a young age.

I havnt had my diagnosis yet but in the process of scans and blood tests, I felt like a different person this morning, to get out of bed without crying and screeching with every movement just made me feel so uplifted and I can't remember the last time I could do that, still have a lot of back issues but this has definitely made a difference to my overall well being.

Can I ask you how often you get your blood pressure taken and your bloods to check your liver, thank you, wishing you all the best 💖

• Posted

Thanks Caroline!

I was on methotrexate for many years so I needed blood tests every six weeks.  I'm having a break from MTX but I'm also on strong pain meds that require me to see my GP every month.  They must get an authorised permission before prescribing them.  Fortunately I've never had any problems with my blood pressure.  I'm constantly low on iron/Vit D but I think that is unrelated to my PA.  I've had one bad liver result but it is very common to get a false reading on liver function.  So don't panic unless it is confirmed over 2 or 3 tests.  I had a liver biopsy in the early days of MTX and it was fine.

It's great to hear how well Celebrex is working for you!

• Posted

Brilliant it sounds like you have your meds sorted and working well for you, good luck and thank you for your help, take care😊

• Posted

I have been on these now for about twenty years when they first came out.

They are the only medication I can use and I find very good

BOB

• Posted

I used celebrex for 15 years  200mg a day 100 morning and night! I have always had a lot of relief from this to treat ps arth with no side effects! good luck!
    • Posted

There working really well for the stiffness but still have pain in my spine joints and hips, if I could get the right pain meds for that then I'd be a new person, fingers crossed!!

Should get my MRI results in the next week or two🙏

• Posted

i wish you well! I ended up with some joint damage because celebrex wasnt always enough to treat everything! Its a never ending battle but I did live a very active life so enjoy your life, don't let this beat you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.