celexa 10mg to paxil 10mg any experience?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!! So I've been on 10mg citalopram for 7 weeks...didn't notice a real big difference. So the Dr I saw yesterday was great. He told me to stop the citalopram and start 10mg paroxetine as well as diazepam 1/2 tab twice daily and 1 tab before bed. I'm nervous about side effects again and withdraw. Any advice?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well citalopram and paroxetine are both SSRIs. They belong to the same family of antidepressants. I assume he prescribed you the diazepam for anxiety.

Anxiety can be a side effect of these drugs for some people or are you prescribed them for anxiety.

I take diazepam myself but not the same effect anymore.

• Posted

Thank you, Walter. Yes, the diazepam is for my awful anxiety. I'm nervous to take anything. As I'm not sure if the meds are what's causing my foggy brain and forgetfulness.
  • Posted

Yes as Walter said they are from the same class so shouldn't any side affects. The Valium is for anxiety and will help you if you do have side affects. I take 10mg of lexapro and ativan 0.5 3 times a day. Thinking of switching to paxil as not sure if the lexapro is working anymore. Good luck hun you will do fine.❌❌
    • Posted

Aww thank you so much!! I'm nervous about switching...imagine that! Lol. I will let you know how it goes. I'm suppose to take the first paxil tonight. Xx
  • Posted

Hi my doctor also put me on proxtine 25mg i have taking citaloparm 10 mg for 2 months but didn't feel much difference anyway dizapam what mg are you on ?

• Posted

Hi, Sameer. Did you taper off of celexa or just immediately start paxil? The diazepam is 5mg but I'm only taking 1/2 2x/day and a whole tab at bedtime. It seems like a lot. Just wondering what to expect with the change over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.