Celexa 30mg???feeling depressed

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I been on 30mg of celexa since February it took 8weeks to work and I felt amazing for a couple of weeks then the anxiety and depression came back.Ive noticed since my higher dose I’ve been sleeping a lot and lately I’ve been feeling depressed and I’ve been gaining weight 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Do u take 20mg in morning and 10mg at night? If not I would recommend that should make u less lethargic and possibly help with your motivation when rising in morning.
    • Posted

I take the 30 at night but I will try that to see if I notice an improvement thank you 

• Posted

Hello, sounds like celexa works for you, might be worth speaking to your doctor about upping the dose to 40mg. Celexa didnt work for me, recently came off it, and have gone onto venlafaxine. Celexa made me worse and way to anxious, and i lost lots of weight on it, 3 stones.
    • Posted

Hello lois, its very slightly better, thanks. Feel down most of the time, but not hopelessly down like a few weeks ago. Still not feeling good. 2.5 weeks on the 150mg higher dose. Appears to be working extremely slowly. Nothing to get excited about yet. Able to function slightly better. Its horrible waiting. Thanks for asking.
    • Posted

Really? I started on 20 then it came back so got it to 30 and like I said it worked but only for a little.I was wondering if I should go back to 20 or go to 40 

• Posted

Yes, i think you should try 40mg, with your doctors recommmendation. 20mg worked for a while, but it came back, you went up to 30mg, worked for a while but came back. Sounds like celexa works for you, but you need to try 40, to see if it comes back on that. 20 and 30 seemed to work for a while then stopped, which suggests to me, those doses arent quite high enough. Cant see any point in going back to 20mg, when depression came back. Your doctor should have a better idea, of what you need. The fact that you feel lethargic sounds good to me, as i was completely wired when on 40 and then 30. Then went to 20, and got really depressed, as it wasnt syrong enough to lift my depression, and i couldnt handle the higher doses, ie it didnt work for me at all.

• Posted

I sent her an email all she said was if I would like to take 40 so I said yes 🙄

• Posted

Hi Jesscox, its definitely worth speaking to your doctor regarding your depression which can also contribute to sleeping alot. I hope you feel much better soon.
  • Posted

I gained 7 stone over 13 years on citalopram. Impossible to lose while still on it too but been off successfully 18 months and lost 2 stone so far.
    • Posted

I gain forty pounds on celexa and just recently lost 35 and iam still taking celexa...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.